Nature & Culture Merge at the South Carolina Botanical Garden

Meandering pathways and reflective ponds, along with plenty of benches to sit and gaze at the scenery, make the South Carolina Botanical Garden at Clemson University a perfect respite any time of the year.

The 295-acre preserve began in 1958 as a camellia preserve on a small parcel of land adjacent to John C. Calhoun’s 19th-century Fort Hill estate. It was designated the state’s botanical garden in 1992.

This story appeared at SeetheSouth.com and OurUpstateSC.info April 2015.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Plusone Linkedin Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Email